Thursday, March 27, 2008

WNY stratigraphy: Ordovician - Silurian

The Northeast section GSA meeting is going on right now. :) Yesterday I went on a field trip about Ordovician and Silurian stratigraphy and palaeongology, lead by Dr. Carlton Brett. I decided not to bother editing and resizing the photos, because I've been avoiding uploading lots of other photos for months because I haven't wanted to bother going through the whole editing/resizing process (because it takes hours for one batch and it makes my shoulder ache).

Anyhow, I think I was the only one on the trip that was staring curiously at this railroad bridge (at the first stop in Lockport).





And apparently there's a lot of fossil sponge reefs in the local bedrock, but I never really paid attention. :|


stromatoporoid



More photos soon-ish!

No comments: